skip to main content

Distance Learning FAQs

Thank you for visiting our Frequently Asked Questions. 

Does my child have to complete the activities provided by her/his teacher?

No. All activities, whether in a paper packet form or in the form of digital/online activities, are provided to support voluntary academic enrichment opportunities for your child(ren).

What are contained in the enrichment packets/online activities?

The activities contained in the packets and available through online resources are a review of previously taught material and/or to provide your child with exposure to engaging activities that may introduce new concepts and material.

What am I supposed to do with the packets?

Please complete the packets at the direction of your child(ren)'s teacher(s) and return them as directed by your child's teacher. for online activities, please explore the resources made available through our website and, if provided specific activities by your child(ren)'s teacher(s), then engage in those activities as recommended.

What happens to my child's grades during the shutdown?

During the school shut down, all academic progress is stopped. Your child's grades for the term will be recorded as they stood when school was closed on March 16, 2020.

Will my child be retained in the same grade for the next school year?

No. All children will advance to the next grade level for the 2020-2021 school year. For high school students, please consult with your child's teacher regarding credits and, if s/he is a senior, graduation requirements. 

What are my rights as a parent of a student with a disability while school is closed?

Information concerning your rights are available in the Notice of Procedural Safeguards (English) and the Notice of Procedural Safeguards (Spanish) documents. If you have any questions regarding your rights, please contact Student Services at 951-922-0215. A Prior Written Notice has been mailed out to each family regarding the school closure, and a copy of the Procedural Safeguards was included. If you did not receive the Prior Written Notice, please contact Student Services.