Community Advisory Committee
COMMUNITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CAC)
The CAC works with families to:
- Provide a support group for parents and students
- Provide an opportunity to talk with professionals who work with children with special needs.
- Increase awareness of available service options
- Increase awareness of the importance of regular school attendance
- Encourage community involvement in the development and review of the local plan for special education
- Provide parent education
- Support activities on behalf of children with special needs.
- Provide an open forum for discussion, committee reports, and guest speakers through CAC meetings
A Special Education Reference Guide for Parents and Guardians:
Summer Workshop PDFs (English/Spanish):